Principal: Alysia Wells

Address: 21419 W. Dove Valley Road                            Wittmann, AZ 85361 
Fax: 623-388-2204

Attendance: 623-388-2106
Office Hours: 8:15am - 4:30pm
School Hours: 8:45am - 4:15pm 
Grades:  Kinder - 8th Grade
Colors: Green and Yellow
Mascot: Sidewinder
Year Opened: 1921

School Grade: C

Welcome to Sidewinder Country!                                                

On behalf of the Nadaburg family, welcome to Nadaburg Elementary School.  We are a small, rural school that currently serves approximately 500 students from 2 years old in Early Head Start to 8th grade.

At Nadaburg our caring staff provides every student with the knowledge necessary to succeed in life.  Learning doesn't always need to happen in the classroom. We are well known for what our students do outside the classroom; learning by doing, learning by observing, and learning by trying.

Nadaburg students experience learning in many forms, such as field trips, community partnerships, clubs, and extra-curricular activities, all while applying classroom concepts at every grade level.  Students from Nadaburg have been winners in regional and state academic and athletic competitions, and in 2018 represented Arizona at the VEX IQ Robotics World Championship in Louisville, Kentucky.

We have a highly qualified staff that is also still learning and improving.  Many of our teachers are furthering their own education by pursuing advanced degrees and certifications such as National Board and Master Teacher.

A Little History Lesson          

In 1920, W.H. Griffin settled his family in what is now known as Wittmann.  His first task was to build a board and batten structure and establish a school for what he hoped would be a thriving town. His family home was right where Grand Avenue is now.  As his hopes for the town grew, he donated land to the Maricopa County School District for a modern school. In 1921, a new school was built, with state of the art conveniences and seating for 25 students.

There is a story that the original building was damaged by fire in 1926, and was rebuilt, becoming the building that is commonly known as 'The Little Red School House'.  The LRSH is kept alive, currently being used as the Nadaburg Unified School District Governing Board’s Boardroom.